Monday, January 24, 2011

連…也 by itself

For those who don't already know the 連…都/也 structure, it means "even". E.g., 「連蘋果都很好吃」= "Even apples are delicious".

Today I learned something new; it can be used without a verb. Here is the context I saw it in.

Click image for full size

吉坦
「啊!連嘉妮特也!」

Translation:
Zidane (The speaker)
"Ah! Even Garnet!"

Basically everyone fainted/fell into a deep sleep, and he was surprised that Garnet did as well.

I did not know that you could use this structure without the verb, however, since it is implied/understood, it is not necessary. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle! G.I. Joe!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, good to know, good to know.
    Where did you obtain FF9 in Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a long time to find, but I just googled it forever. I have traditional and simplified for the PSP, but I believe I also have the PSX version if you'd like it. Send me a message on MSN or Skype if you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete